Why Ride Capital Punishment?
There is nothing like the thrill of being part of a large event but there are plenty of other reasons to join up to Capital Punishment:
1) The 100km event is the only opportunity to link up the two best single track areas in Australia, Kowen Forest and Stromlo. If you prefer a shorter distance, the 50km event provides a convenient start at the beautiful National Arboretum and still provides the enjoyment of the world famous Stromlo Forest Park.
2) The 100km event is the most friendly and achievable mountain bike course in Australia and is perfect for your first mountain bike marathon.
3) 43km of flowing, non-technical single track in the 100km and 24km of flowing, non-technical single track in the 50km event.
4) Signing up early gives you a reason to get fit and helps you commit to staying active.
5) The trails are marked so you don’t need to think about where you are going. Just enjoy your day out on the bike as you ride through the countryside.
6) Many of the trails are groomed, and some of the trails are custom built especially for the event.
7) The great spread of free food at the feed stations. In 2013 and 2014 there were danishes, ham and pickle scrolls, hot cross buns, fruit, Endura gels and Endura rehydration drink.
8) The atmosphere and camaraderie of riding with other friendly people and being helped by our friendly event marshals.
9) Getting to make a great weekend in Canberra by staying at one of the magnificent Doma Hotels such as Hotel Realm or Burbury Hotel & Apartments in Barton or Pinnacle Apartments in Kingston and eating at some of the finest restaurants in Canberra located in Barton and Kingston.
10) Getting to make an even greater weekend in Canberra by experiencing the wonderful light festival, Enlighten Canberra, on either the night before the race or on the Saturday night after the race.
If that doesn’t give you enough reason to join in, have a look at the what is it section and also see what the riders think of Capital Punishment (Testimonials)